At Balmain Chiropractic Centre giving people the best advice for preventing neck pain is something our chiropractors love to do. We see it as huge benefit when we can stop people needing to come into the clinic for neck pain treatment versus having to treat it in the first instance.
The following are research-based guidelines for the very best prevention strategies for neck pain, as written by our Balmain chiropractors.
- The fitter, more supple and physically active you are the less likely you are to have an episode of neck pain. If you do get neck pain, the more likely you are to recover quickly.
- Exercising regularly might help many people keep their neck problem at bay if they have long time recurrent neck pain.
- Always start exercise in a gradual way, this will be annoying for some but is the best way to get active without irritating your neck
- Flexible necks are typically healthier and less prone to irritation
- Sitting for long periods increases your risk of neck pain
- Sitting, standing, and lying are all static postures and may increase your risk of neck pain. Do not maintain any one of these postures for long periods. Change between them.
- Always remember postural break exercises, this can be as easy as pulling your neck back a few times per hour if sitting at work.
- If you have neck pain that lasts for a few day, even after trying these practical tips, it is worth while booking an appointment with one of our chiropractors at Balmain Chiropractic Centre. This may stop further progression of your neck pain.
At Balmain Chiropractic Centre we are passionate about helping you avoid neck pain, treat neck pain and educate you about all the aspects of neck pain recovery. Our chiropractors will also provide open and honest advice so give us a call and come into the clinic to start your recovery from neck pain.