What to do to prevent neck pain
The following are research-based guidelines for the very best prevention strategies for neck pain, as written by our Balmain chiropractors.
- The fitter, more supple and physically active you are the less likely you are to have an episode of neck pain. If you do get neck pain, the more likely you are to recover quickly.Start exercising more regularly if you don’t.
- Exercising regularly might help many people keep their neck problem at bay if they have long term recurrent neck pain.
- Always start exercise in a gradual way (don’t go too hard, too fast), this will be annoying for some but is the best way to get active without irritating your neck
- Flexible necks are typically healthier and less prone to irritation
- Sitting for long periods increases your risk of neck pain. Take regular breaks.
- Sitting, standing, and lying are all static postures and may increase your risk of neck pain. Do not maintain any one of these postures for long periods. Change between them.
- If you have neck pain that lasts for a few day, even after trying these practical tips, it is worth while booking an appointment with one of our chiropractors at Balmain Chiropractic Centre. This may stop further progression of your neck pain with some simple strategies our chiropractors can give you.
At Balmain Chiropractic Centre we are passionate about helping you avoid neck pain, treating your neck pain if you get it, and educating you about all the different aspects of neck pain recovery. Give one of our chiropractors a call today.